25 September 2013

Getting "Older"

I have a feeling that I became more of an “adult” since I started working. Not in the sense of being calm and responsible and not wasting money etc., but I started doing many things that I would never do when I didn't have a job.

For this past few weeks, I didn't go out on weekedays, because I had work the next day, I didn't have the will to do the washing or cook properly, I have been neglecting all my online activity – Etsy shop, blogging, following other blogs… not to mention writing to my boyfriend or communicating with my family and my email is filling up nicely, even though I cancelled many newsletters.

Worst of all – I often say the lame phrases that our teachers kept telling us and that we hated, like “I know the bell has rung, but I haven't finished the lesson yet”, “we are not leaving the classroom until you pick all the bits of paper from the floor”, “why is this chalk wet?!” and “SHHSH!”. I wonder whether these are general teacher things that new teachers subconsciously say, because they kept hearing it from their teachers when they were still at school or whether I am just generally becoming an old bitch :)
On the plus side – I really like the food at school canteen – and I think THAT change definitely comes with age :)

But I am having a good time, the job is great, the kids are awesome and I consider myself a happy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...